- Not Logged InLogin
Green Issaquah Facility: See Details - Green Issaquah Forest Steward …04/27/2021
This is open to anyone interested in becoming a Green Issaquah Forest Steward.
A Forest Steward is a volunteer that adopts a Green Issaquah park/site and works in coordination with staff to implement forest restoration projects. We provide training and support. No experience required.
See Forest Steward description click here
The presentation will cover:
• Purpose, structure and benefits of the Green Issaquah Partnership
• Components of a healthy forest
• Five benefits to healthy forests in a city.
• Basic Best Management Practices (BMPS) for restoring an urban forest
• Four phases of forest restoration
• The different opportunities to join the Green Issaquah Partnership
• Roles and responsibilities of a Forest Steward
• Next steps to become a Forest Steward
THIS EVENT IS ONLINE SO THE COVID INSTRUCTIONS AND VIDEO POSTED BELOW DO NOT APPLY.
Open to the public
All ages OK
23 out of 30 volunteers registered.
Before attending this event, please watch our COVID-19 Volunteer Event Safety Video -
Arrive wearing your cloth face covering. You will be expected to keep it on through the entire event. If you forget a mask, extras will be available. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide water and snacks during our events. Please come prepared with your own water bottle and food. You are welcome to bring your own hand sanitizer, work gloves, and specific tools applicable to the tasks outlined in the work plan below (please no power equipment). We will also supply gloves, tools, hand sanitizer, well as sanitation spray for tools.
What to Bring
Bring yourself, and any questions you might have about becoming a Forest Steward.
Where to Meet
The orientation will be via Zoom. The meeting link will be sent to everyone that registers prior to the event.